Tom Lavin MFT, LADC, ACATA
540 West Plumb Lane, Suite 1A
Reno, NV 89509
Questions to Ask Your MD, Pharmacists, RN
1. Do you have my medication history? –should include current medications, vitamins, supplements and over-the –counter remedies, herbal remedies and nutritional supplements. The MD, RN, Pharmacist should know about existing conditions, allergies, and whether you’ve had a bad reaction to certain medications.
2. What benefit might I receive from this medication?
3. When and how do I take each medication?
4. How long before I should start to notice an effect from this medication?
5. Possible side effects to be aware of?
6. If I experience side effects, what should I do?
7. If I have concerns about medication, who can I talk to?
8. How long should my trial period on this medication last?
9. Do I need to do labs for 1 or more of the medications?
10. Do I stop the medication when feeling better?
11. Do I take it before, during or after meals?
12. Does 3 times a day mean during waking hours or over 24 hrs?
13. Can it be crushed instead of taken whole?
14. Are there medications, foods, beverages, and activities to avoid?
15. Will anything I’m now taking interact with this medication?
16. What if I miss a dose?...or take too much?
17. Can my special needs be addressed? [large print, someone read to me or my family, or ____?____]
A non profit organization, dedicated to providing resources and educational workshops to mental health professionals in nevada.
ADVOCATING FOR EXCELLENCE IN MENTAL HEALTH CARE.
Mental Health Peer Connections
A private non profit organization dedicated to providing resources to mental health professionals. Advocating for excellence in mental health care.